Leadership is a crowded book topic. A lot of authors have already laid down their ideas about leadership and how to become an effective leader. Jeff Eggers, together with his co-writers, has given us a different view of leadership in the new book called Leaders: Myth and Reality. In this episode, Jeff talks about the various people they profiled for the book, what traits they exhibited to propel them into the leadership roles they defined, and how founders can implement those traits to lead their companies to success.
Jeff formerly served in the White House for six years, most recently as President Obama’s Special Assistant for National Security Affairs. He is also a great speaker, leader and writer. Jeff is also the Executive Director of McChrystal Group – a leadership institute where he focuses on organizational performance and leadership.
In this Episode:
- Learn how Jeff and his co-writers including General Stan McChrystal wrote and finished a book about leadership.
- How they overcome the “crowdedness” of the book topic in leadership.
- What’s the difference between his book and other leadership books?
- How to be a great leader in this generation
- How senior leaders differ from a more modern generation of leaders